I registered for Java with GoogleApps and I’m full on into setting up a development environment and getting my first “Hello Web” application onto the platform. The development, according to the documentation is extremely simple.
Some useful links are listed below. For setting up the development environment:
- Apps Documentation: Java, Getting Started
- Apps Documentation: Java
- Eclipse RAD, development platform
- Google Plugin for Eclipse
- Google AppEngine SDK for Java
- You can also add Google Web Toolkit to the above.
Some HTML parsing libraries:
- HTML Cleaner (*recommended)
- HTML Parser
- Mozilla HTML Parser for Java (a part of Dapper project)
Templating libraries may come in handy:
- JTPL - simple template engine for Java servlet