- templating with EJS and Jade
- Markdown syntax for documents
- compilation into HTML for static sites
- contains a server for displaying the contents
- can be plugged into an existing Express site and be used only as a pre-processor
Harp, the static web server with built-in preprocessing
My demo project: Wiki on Node
The goal in this case is to find a node.js-based wiki engine that can be used to write hierarchical notes, a typical wiki site content, documentation, and so on. The content has to be searchable. The wiki is to be used locally, meaning on a local machine - no hosting and as less as possible dependencies, libraries, etc. The content is to be written using Markdown and as much as possible separated from the layout and styling. The wiki engine has to support serving other files, like PDFs or anything else, really.
After finding out that Harp supports compilation into static site structure, I'm thinking of replacing DocPad as the templating engine.